--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --
Level 0 http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/4761/mp000.png
Level 1 http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/3223/mp1z.png
Level 2 http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/193/mp2t.png
Level 3 http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7946/mp3y.png
--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
The usual map issue fixes :
- Missing on original map - upper level of 'Emergency' -- now added.
- Missing stairs in the "Foyer" and the floor transition that causes lower level of 'Emergency' to overlap with the dental service area.
- Windows looking at skybox which in reality look into part of the same building (sloppy placement) or elsewhere where you should be looking across a roof of the same buildings lower level.
- Various non-sensical stretches of Glass Viaducts that look out onto the broad sides of buildings (both sides) - were rearranged to connect to some adjacent building (they apparently are supposed to act like sidewalks between many of those buildings we see)..
- 'Scenic-efect' building slab sides which dont really make any sense for a normal building layout (Other buildings directly adjacent to the 'Foyer' are actually further away than seen thru the windows).
- The window views depict Medical Pavilion as 10-20 stories above the seabed (seen in the skybox view out windows - views of adjacent tall buildings with levels going way down from the views position), yet Medical Center is a squat few-storied spread out set of buildings (with no pathway going downwards on the original map), and ceiling skylights indicate the level you are on is at top floors (3 floors total on the original map).
- Eliminating of many odd protruberant sections of buildings, making the building more monolithic (more solid/simpler in general shape). That has added alot of internal space useable for other (needed) functions. Similar was done with adjacent buildings.
- Twilight Fields and Eternal Flames interiors were stretched a little bit to have their windows make more sense
Added the Multi-Player Medical Pavillion level map area (a general Hospital) to this Medical Pavilion to expand the facility (to a more reasonable size for a small 'city' hospital complex). There is (my extension) a full/large hospital complex elsewhere in Rapture (at Asclepius north of Fort Frolic). The BS1 Medical Pavillion originally was more limited - mostly dentists and funeral homes and cosmetic surgery. Medical Pavilion was likely the first real hospital in Rapture added during the early (Phase 1) construction period.
Added many stairwells and several elevators to interconnect the floors.
Added - an Ambulance Submarine Dock and facilities (for 'ambulance' deliveries of patients) on roof of medical complex. (It wouldnt have made sense when Steinman's practice was most of the facility, but since it has been expanded into a larger general hospital operation ambulance transport would be needed.
Medical Pavilion is sitting on the Seabed. Not shown - off to the right side is the Trolley Station (the more common transportation for a majority of the City's People) which would connect the cluster of buildings (via the Foyer) to other parts of Rapture.
An important Atlantic Express Train Station (not shown) is shared with Welcome Center and is below the Rapture Tower Hotel building (big cylindrical building seen on Welcome Center map). Many AE Routes from across Rapture intersected in this station. ( http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/6996/metroways2x.jpg )
There is a Glass Viaduct that is adjacent to the one you use to enter 'Surgery' which actually goes in a small loop (it is there for you to see a Big Daddy and Little Sister pair walking by). These Viaducts interconnect buildings like sidewalks, so I modified that one to connect to the Viaduct the player goes thru to connect as a ramp down to access the General Hospital (patterned on the MP Medical Pavilion map) and to other adjacent buildings.
Added a facility for an Immigration Isolation Ward to handle immigrants with contagious diseases.
It was probably a joke to put various Death related businesses right next to hospital facilities. These have been both expanded. Now there is a Mausoleum for the those taking the cremation path and an 'Ocean Cemetary' with space for grave monuments, etc.. Listed in one funeral home is 'Sea Burial' (probably something Fontaine employed more than a few times ad hoc on those who got in his way).
A number of other specialized medical facilities were added to the additional interior volume.
Added Pump Station for the Hephaestus Heat Transfer utility network (part of the city-wide redundant pipe network taking very hot water from the geothermal fields in the south part of the city)
Steinman's "Museum" to Aphrodite probably would have been near his offices and added around 1959 after things in Rapture started to go downhill pretty fast (and his insanity manifested itself fully).
There are taller buildings on either side of the 'Foyer' that stick up several stories (level 3 map shows these). The usual problem is trying to make such 'high-rise' buildings to be large enough to have some useful interior space - instead of most of them being taken up by thick exterior walls, elevators and stairwells. One of the buildings Ive designated the Clock Tower which is fairly tall and would be visible from most of the building clusters near Medical Pavilion. It features a powerfully lit digital clock display and an observation deck with a good view of the immediate area of Rapture.
Not sure why the 'Emergency Access' Bathysphere only goes to Neptunes Bounty (all those signs saying nowhere else). You would think that Security would want connectivity to many locations (theres no sign of any other similar 'Access' points in Medical Pavilion going anywhere else.)
Its a bit strange that there are so many gurneys in the dental section of the Medical Pavilion. Were the dentists that bad that they needed to manage their patients in such an incapacitate state? (a case of world rejects coming to Rapture instead of visionaries and excellance ??)